1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older fisher mm1

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gwhalen3, Jan 15, 2010.

1. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

I have and older fisher mm1 and it rocks up and down and all around quite a bit in the up position. How can I tighten it up? Any suggestions are welcome. thanks.
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

You could swap out the pins, a frame and pistons but it won't change alot. Mine is the same way.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The Fishers are sloppy to begin with, and get worse with age. The older plows don't have stacking stops like the new ones. So there's no way to pull the chain tight. Adding stops would help, at least when transporting the plow.
  4. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I would not worry about it, they all do it
  5. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Thanks for the reassurance guys!
  6. Lawn Rover

Lawn Rover Inactive

Nothing to worry about. I have the same model and asked the same question. Our model does not have a pin that runs through the whole set up where as the newer versions do which holds and locks the plow tighter to the plow frame. I was told that it is common and only a new version would fix it.