1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older fisher 8' plow angle issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mopar01, Dec 27, 2009.

1. mopar01

mopar01 Junior Member
    from CT

Hey all, i have a question on a original fisher 8 foot plow last storm i hit a man hole cover while transporting to my jobs doin' like 40 mph, it hit so hard it bent the frame of the truck, i managed to plow the rest of the storm bent frame and all, but now im having angle issues the plow does not like to angle back to the driver side it angles fine to the passenger but not the driver, that cylinder on the driverside the powder coat came off the cylinder right behind where the main body swells up and the nut is threaded into it. it almost looks as if the body of the cylinder is damaged, but its hard to tell... any way i have a VERY hard time disconecting the hydraulic coupler on that side (like it still has pressure in it) when i get it disconected and I connect the two cylinders together and move the plow (still pined to the truck and in the air) some times it will move by hand nicely and othertimes it gets hard as hell and then stops, i go to disconnect the lines and you can tell the are pressureized, the fittings are all brand new, does it sound like i wasted a cylinder? PLEASE HELP!

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Yep sounds like the cylinder i bent. Take the hoses off the cylinders, ports open, and try to move the plow by hand, if it still hangs up get a new cylinder.

3. mopar01

mopar01 Junior Member
    from CT

do they bend easily? i mean i know the truck took a shot. Its strange sometimes it will move well(OK) other times it will not move well at all meaning it takes longer to angle right, its almost as if when i go that direction the fluid is not returning to the other cylinder, thats why i hooked the two together to bypass the valvebody thinking it was that and it still gets hung up sometimes, like a seal or somthing within the cylinder is not sealing properly, like fluid is goin where it should not. which would explain the pressure left in the line

does that make sense to you am I on the right track? because if i relieve all the pressure( lake the lines off it may move alright becasue their is no fluid?

4. mopar01

mopar01 Junior Member
    from CT

I put two new angle cylinders on the plow, the plow moves now but it is slower angling to the left, EX: it takes 4 seconds to angle to therightand 6 to angle to the left, and the fitting is still hard to unhook, any thoughts? now at least when the plow is in the air and i hook the lines together i can move the plowby hand left and right.
    HELP PLEASE!!! snows commin'

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

which pump?

6. mopar01

mopar01 Junior Member
    from CT

belt driven pump older hydraulics

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Bad coupler, bad crossover relief, cable out of adjustment, just a few things i can think of.