1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Diamond Plow Won't Lift

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jryan09, Nov 7, 2014.

1. jryan09

jryan09 Junior Member
    from Maine

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 1992 f 150 with a diamond 7.5' plow. This plow setup has a belt driven pump under the hood and a solenoid controlled valve with a slik stik controller. The problem I am having is that the plow will not lift. It angles as it should but it will not lift at all. I tested the B coil and there was magnetism to the coil but I could not hear the valve click so I replaced the B valve and it still will not lift. The new B valve that I purchased is a little bit longer than the original that I replaced and the coil does not fit all the way down around the valve as the original did. With the new valve I could hear it click when I hit the up switch but no results. I took the line off of the lift ram and hit the up switch and no fluid came rushing out. The oil level seems a little low but not enough to make it not operate I wouldn't think. Any suggestions on what might be going on?

2. jryan09

jryan09 Junior Member
    from Maine

Added fluid to the recommended level and still no change. I also noticed today that when I push up on the slick stick that I get power to the b coil but not to the big square coil. If what I have read is correct then that coil needs to activate in order for the plow to raise. The square coil jas power to it when I press left or right on the joystick. I tested the terminals on the control and there is continuity on the two terminals that control lift and the power terminal when the switch is in the up position. I'm running out of ideas..

3. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

im familar with the newer meyer pumps but just a couple ideas is your valve assembly allowing fluid to flow into the line? also any filters inside the valve body? also pull the solenoid and coil assembly and make sure its actually working outside cause ive had them work and click but the solenoid internally was broke.

4. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The square coil is what sends pressure to the PA Block. The red wire is energized for raise.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What? :confused:

OP, it sounds like someone has pieced your pump together with random parts. If you have round and square coils. The E58 and E61 used a newer style coils on the valves. Whereas the older E47, E57 and E60 used round coils.

Now a no raise could be a few things. Will it raise with chain unhooked? If so can you push it back down with out pressing down? When you press up does the plow try to angle? Is the motor running when you press up? What control do you have?

Could be bad o rings on A valve, bad packing cup, stuck A valve, bad lift tube o ring or lack of pressure since it takes much more pressure to raise than it does to angle.

So what pump do you have? If you don't know post a pic.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  6. jryan09

jryan09 Junior Member
    from Maine

The pump is belt driven off of the engine of the truck. The controller is a slick stick. I can move the lift cylinder up and down manually but when I unhooked the line into the cylinder and hit up on the joystick I got nothing.

7. kimber750

Wow, how did I completely miss that in your first post. Don't know much about the under hood systems, I will check with the old timer at the plow shop.

8. kimber750

Only thing I can suggest to check is A valve, remove ant use small pin to see if you can push the piston inside. If not replace the valve it is stuck open.

9. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Sound like your pump is warn out. What happens when you hit the gas, will the plow raise then

10. jryan09

jryan09 Junior Member
    from Maine

Problem solved. I went to plug the slick stick back in to its harness after testing it and saw that one of the male terminals had been pushing into the rubber connector and not going into it's female terminal. After I properly connected the joystick the plow works as it should.