1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Diamond Plow Question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by LordOfTheSith, Jan 1, 2006.

1. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

I have a older Diamond plow setup on my 1987 GMC 2500...my question/concern is this....I have had only Western plows so what I want to know is....is it normal for Diamond plows, actually the cutting edge ( the part that trips ) to not make contact with the ground? My edge is about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch off the pavement. My frame does not seem to be bent and I see no adjustment on the plow itself to rectify this situation. I must say, I do like the Diamond cutting edge trip instead of the whole blade ( Western ) folding over in heavier snow.

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

are you saying the plow doesnt make contact with the ground at all? that is not normal for any plow

3. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Do you have the shoes on the blade and if so are they adjusted so that the plow rides high. Is the chain tight when the blade is lowered if so it may be holding the plow up. My Diamond rides flush to the ground with no problems.

4. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

The plow does hit the ground but the cutting edge is a bit off the ground....hope that makes more sense....almost like something needs to be adjusted or possible something is bent somewhere I am not seeing

5. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

It could be that the holes for the cutting edge are drilled wrong causing it to ride high.

6. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

I will check on that today and get back to you on this thanks hmebuildr!

LOTS

7. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

If you can post a picture that would be great. It sounds like your shoes are adjusted a little low, or high, depending on how you want to say it, which will hold the plow off the ground . Is any part of the plow contacting the ground? I guess that is a better question.