1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Diamond Plow Mount

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tds8268, Dec 3, 2010.

1. tds8268

tds8268 Junior Member

I have a 8' Diamond Plow which I bought new in 1991 mounted on a 85 F250. The truck is done (too much rust) but the plow is fine. Need to locate a mount that will work on a newer (mid 90's) truck. Any help would be great!

Dan

2. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Gonna have to get hold of a dealer for meyer. Is it an MDII or earlier...Maybe a dealer can help you..
    I know with the MDII yousave the part under the truck except the bolton parts for that particular truck.
    If you need the whole thing it might cost you $500.00 or so. Maybe $400.00

Dick

3. tds8268

tds8268 Junior Member

Not sure which I have. I'll try and add a picture of my plows A-frame tomorrow.

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Your probably better off saving the old push plate and just modifying/fabricating the old mounts to the new truck.

5. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

I had a Diamond 8' on an 88 Ford F250. A friend of mine would borrow the blade all the time and he had a Fisher (8'). Connected right up so you might want to look in that direction.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

TDS8268,
    Got any pics yet. As stated it depends how old is the set up. As stated before old diamonds fit on Fisher Speedcast mounts without any modifications at all. Are the trip springs on the diamond horizontal or vertical.
    T.J.

7. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Hey there I used to live in fairfield near the town marina on that road near the circle.

8. tds8268

tds8268 Junior Member

TJ,

The trip springs are right above the cutting edge and the springs lay flat (horizontal). Would really like to mount this plow on a 1998/1999 2500 Suburban. Any Fisher part numbers come to mind? My camera is in my car down in MD so I'll try and take the pics with my Blackberry, might not be worthwhile posting. Thanks for everyones help!

Capt. Dan Stauffer
    www.finchasersportfishing.com

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Dan,
    I am on N. Benson rd.
    Anyway take my link in my signature where I converterd an old diamond(I think like yours) to mate to a Fisher Minute Mount 1. I doubt you are going to find a speedcast mount for that year suburban cause they were never made. You are going to have to get a Minute Mount set up for the truck side and convert the A-Frame of the Diamond to work for a Minute Mount as you can see what I mean in my signature. These old diamonds are heavy too. Good plow.
    T.J.

10. tds8268

tds8268 Junior Member

Hope these pics help

IMG00062.jpg

IMG00063 (1).jpg

IMG00064.jpg

11. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes that is an old school diamond plow. As I stated, this will fit a Fisher speedcast but will require modifications to fit a Fisher Minute Mount set up. I do not see a good pic of the plow though. They do not make a speedcast mount for your year vehicle you are trying to put it on. I ran into the same issue when I did this with my 02 Ford Superduty, hence my conversion.
    T.J.

12. tds8268

tds8268 Junior Member

I was worried I might run into this, perhaps it's just time to say good-bye to the old Diamond and shell out the $$$ for something new. Only other option would be to find a 84 - 86 F-250 that isn't a rust bucket (should be fun) and move everything over. Thanks for all your help!

13. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Got any pics of the plow itself. The old diamond is a good heavy plow and built like a tank with North American Steel.
    T.J.

14. jdw1

jdw1 Junior Member

I have mounts for a 95 -97 ford f-350. I have both right and left side mounts and the center section mount that the lift motor hoop slides into if this helps.

15. tds8268

tds8268 Junior Member

I'll keep that in mind. Turns out I found a new mount that will fit my 99 Sub. and that same guy has brand new original Diamond (yes, true Diamond) moldboards. Best part is that he's only an hour drive from me. Thanks for everyones help.

TDS