1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Diamond Mount

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tds8268, Oct 26, 2009.

1. tds8268

tds8268 Junior Member

I have an 8' Diamond plow that I bought new back around 1991 and had it mounted on a 1985 F250. The plow is still in very good shape but the truck (body) is shot. I would love to be able to continue to use the plow but everytime I talk to the dealer all he wants to do is sell me a new plow. Does anyone know if there are mounting kits available that would allow me to use this plow on newer (early or mid-90's) trucks? Thanks for any help and part numbers.

eastern PA
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

You might consider cutting the old mount off the old truck and adapting it to your current plow truck
  4. tds8268

tds8268 Junior Member

I'm really trying to buy a mounting kit that will allow me to use to plow as is, if at all possible. It seems as if I have a Diamond "Pull-Away" type mount.
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

After reviewing the photos, The plow is actually pre pull-a-way, it's a conventional from the original Diamond Plow Company, not a Meyer Product, So don't go buying a pull away mount, it won't work!.

Being a conventional mount it would be a huge undertaking to make it work, inmho I'd be looking for a different plow package for the 99 1500 Suburban you have.