1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Cable Controlled Western Plow -- Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fredringwald, Jan 23, 2008.

1. fredringwald

fredringwald Junior Member

Hello,

I have an older 7 foot Western cable-controlled plow that I am told came off a Jeep Wrangler. I want to put it on my 1998 Chevy Silverado for private occasional plowing. I don't plow commercially, and rarely plow for others. I do want to get the lights working so I can drive to work with the plow mounted. I have an old frame that came with the plow, and wonder how I should have it modified so I can use it with this plow. I have a neighbor who can help cut steel plates and weld to modify it to work. What I really need is a good sketch of what the mount should look like, and advice on what height the mount to plow connection should be off the ground.

Thank you for any and all help and advice you have to offer.

Fred Ringwald
    New Haven, NY

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

old timer

get on westerns web site top of page ,look in publications 2wd 1500 model 1520 box 59955 4x4 1500 model 1540 box 61075 click on the pdf and it will give you a exploded view for installition or parts .