1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older buyers spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MeeksCo, Sep 22, 2009.

1. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Anybody have any information or advice on finding parts for the older style Buyers salt spreaders?

I do not know the model to my spreader but it has worked well for me this last year.
    It's an 800lb low profile spreader. The orange plastic container type.
    It has the motor housed inside the box in the middle towards the top.

I'm looking to pick up backup parts for it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

a buyers dealer near you should be able to get part's they will have to contact them for a part's list or you may contact them and e-mail them the picture's to identify it .i used to get old odd ball parts were i used to work you just have to pursue it .here is a contact link to buyers .
  3. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Hey, I do appreciate the info.
    I am going to make some phone calls tomorrow.
    Sometimes I enjoy using the mouse and keyboard rather then calling and asking. Sign of the times
  4. plowguy28

plowguy28 Junior Member

try millsupply.com they have alot of parts for buyers spreaders, not sure about your model but its worth a try.
  5. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Thanks for the advice you guys. Both of these sites are great.
    Would any of you have any idea of what model this is or where to find out what the model names/numbers are for the older buyers spreaders?
  6. SaltDoggCometh

SaltDoggCometh Junior Member

I believe its the old TGS05A model. if you want, put together a list of what parts you are looking for and I can help you find them.
  7. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

So cwpm410 did you find any info on this spreader i was just trying to find a parts list for mine so when something breaks i have the info i need.

8. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385