1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Boss install on a new Ram 2500?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by peterk800xc, Oct 3, 2013.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

I am just about on the verge of buying a new 2013 Ram 2500 Hemi.I would like to put my older 7.6 Boss straightblade on this truck and would like to know how much of a job is it to do.By this I mean how much of the bumper valance or air dam has to be either removed or taken off completely.Thanks in advance and any pics of Members 2500s with a Boss mount would be appreciated.:mechanic:

2. LushLawns

LushLawns Junior Member

I have an 04 Chevy 2500HD and was told I might have to cut the front valance too. Instead I had the tortion bar cranked up and was able to achieve the desired vehicle stance. I also have a 89 Chevy 3500 SRW that we sis the same. They both sport 9-2 VXT's and handle them well IMO.:mechanic:

3. m3klee

m3klee Member

i just had my plow put on my 13 ram i'll take a pic of what had to be cut when i get out of work. you do have the trim that plastic bottom piece a bit. I just trimmed a little at a time so that i didnt take to much off. Its 4 slots you will have to make 2 for the hookup part and 2 for where the ends of that mounting beam is.

4. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks for your help.Your pics will make it a lot easier than just guessing where to cut.Thumbs Up

5. m3klee

m3klee Member

so you need to trim the 4 spots i said earlier and a littel bit along the whole bottom between your cuts. Now as you look at this i do have a 2 " leveling kit in the front so mine may sit a bit lower on the plastic than a truck at stock height would be

photo 2.jpg

6. m3klee

m3klee Member

here is an overall pic

photo 1.jpg