1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older BOSS HID conversion..pics inside

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 91AK250, Feb 3, 2009.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

allright well i'd been meaning to do this for over a year, after alaskaboss did it i just had to do it!

i ordered the housings and HIDs off ebay, diamond 4x6 H4 conversion headlights and a H4 HID kit. my HID kit is hi/low with halogen highbeams.

first i opend the box's very excited ofcourse and reviewed the parts inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i then took apart my old stock BOSS lights, as pictured here
    [​IMG]

i then went about wiring them in, which in this case was plug and play. removing the old headlight like so
    [​IMG]

2. 91AK250

i then dremeld out a spot for the wiring to come out of the light

[​IMG]

i then testd the lights before putting them all in
    [​IMG]

i mounted the ballests to the tower with 2 screws and they seem somewhat protected there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 91AK250

better pic of the hole on the bottom which is now siliconed up..
    [​IMG]

and there she is, all done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 91AK250

the beam pattern is pretty good, and are not bliding to concoming traffic i checked myself haha
    [​IMG]

on the truck out of the garage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 91AK250

and the halogen highbeams, what a joke haha
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Looks good,... I think I'm going to re-mount my ballasts as well on my Blizzard,... once I find the right type of box or covering,... do you think your lights now are as bright, or even brighter than the brand-new style Boss lights? (take your truck to work & compare them,...) xysport

7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Sweet! I have the AlaskaBoss style plow lights on an old Boss. I have the lights you just converted mounted on my headache rack facing backwards.

These are next to get the AlaskaBoss treatment.(insert Evil Grin here)

Nice install with the ballast 91AK250.

8. 91AK250

oh yes, they are very bright! better then the new halogens i'd say but thats just my opinion.

i need to add a relay, they just barly come on and flicker as they warm up..meaning not enough voltage and somtimes one wont come on. and i cant even think about using them well i plow haha but i normaly only plow with parking lights though but it would be nice to be able to see.

but going down the road, ect i LOVE THESE THINGS! i can actuly see the road infront of me insted of 2 little spots like 20ft infront of the truck!

some daytime pics and such just for kicks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can see the color differance with my 100w hellas
    [​IMG]

from last night
    [​IMG]