1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Beacons?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by J & B Lawncare, Jul 9, 2008.

1. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Just wondering how many of us are still using the older sealed beam rotating lights. I have used just about everything (except LEDs) and still go back to the sealed beam rotator. Lets hear about the oldie's.

J & B
  2. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I still have a Whelen Responder two beacon amber light. It still works, but I now run the Whelen Mini Liberty LED, great light too, -love the low voltage draw, low profile and great light output! But I have to admit the Responder has served me well for many, many years!
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm running this at the moment.

I started off using this.
  4. Bill 211

Bill 211 Member

I use an old dietz 211 ,4 bulb rotator , nice light ,but heavy on the power draw

5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I've still got a Whelen Responder II (red lense) 1984 mgf date still runs like new. I can still get some Federal model 184's, a couple model 14's and once in awhile can grab some Kojack/Vitalites/Triplights.

The hospital that's close to my house has an old Vitalite and a Strobe on a street sweeper... The Vitalite distroys the strobe. The original bulb burned out in that thing and they ask the fire dept old timers if they knew where to get a bulb. I told them to put an 1156 in it. Same bulb 4 years later!