1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older 810 vs new

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

i was just wondering how many people are running the first few year of the plow 99-00 and if the newer plows hold up to the older ones as in for break downs and so on.. i like my 99 but hear bad about newer ones wondering how long this will last till repars is more than the plow is worth

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Have had 6 or 7 99's, all been good.

3. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

y u get rid of them and what ya got now. reason i am asking is cus i am wondering if i should get a newer plow if this isnt going to last much longer. beside a cuting edge i havent put any thing in to it this year. i dont want to be let down during a storm

4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

It is in proper maintance older ones are built stronger heavier but slower new ones are lighter faster smoother operation I thin erie special #1 still exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinkup:

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Erie 1 is IIRC an 04 model and yes it's still running in Ohio.

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Just spreadin' the wealth around....haha.

I only run 2-3 plows, all the ones I've owned are still running full steam AFAIK.

7. damian

damian Senior Member

Newer 810s much better than old 8 hose versions,latest ones have larger piston pins, better powder coat,better motor,quick disconnect light bar,increased warranty.

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Increased warranty needed due to built lighter....IMO.

I'd take an 03 04 or 05 long before I'd take a new 08 or 09 from the looks of them.