1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older 810 trouble shooting help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Divecaptdean, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Divecaptdean

Divecaptdean Junior Member
    from 55811

Hello All-
    I am fairly new to this plow..picked it up used last year. it worked very well last season. i went to hook it up this year...filled fluid...tank was low....ran it through its positions and topped off the tank. After a few more cycles of the positions, the left side cylinder stopped working. now the plow is locked in left position...all other functions work..wings..up and down..but i cant get it to move to the right....i can see any evident leaks so was hoping some of you may have some thoughts....i did push the right side against a tree while operating the joystick to the right in the hopes that i could get it to release and stay straight so i could travel with it..but as soon as i backed off the tree, the blade pushed back to the left side.
    Question 1 do these cylinders operate with some type of relief valve?...they appear to only have one hose to the cylinder so i dont understand why it would spring back left when it was straight and i operated the joy stick which i think should have released pressure on the right side cylinder

Question 2 might there be a test proceedure to follow to narrow it down to the actual issue...

Any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    Dean

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check your number three and four valves one is stuck and my guess is three

3. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

Its definitely a stuck cartridge.

4. snowtech

snowtech Member

sounds like a stuck valve to me

5. fci

fci Senior Member

Also check your plow to truck connection I have had some corrosion and it stopped my plow from moving while the pump would run.