1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older 810 EMENGENCY!!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by KCGman, Dec 25, 2009.

1. KCGman

KCGman Junior Member

Guessing a 2000 model. Was working fine then all of the sudden it went to the left and will not go to the right. UP, down, and wings work fine. Switched hydraulic hoses on left and right cylinders and as soon as I hit any button, it went to the right as if I hit the right button. Switched them back and as soon as I hit up, the plow went back to the left. It is like something is stuck. All electrical connections appear to be fine. Is this a solenoid or valve stuck? Removed several but visually they looked ok. Please help as I have contracts waiting.

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Your left angle valve is not closing. Remove it, and clean. You will have to disassemble the valve.

3. KCGman

KCGman Junior Member

At 4:00 AM it visually looked good but I had no idea to disassemble it. Any tricks to that? Is that S3 valve?

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I dont remember which one it is off hand. But my extend one for the right wing went out on mine. Some how it got bent. Dont ask how cause i do not know. A quick way to figure out if that is it. Take out the valves for angling right and left and switch them. Just the valves not the coils. And see if now you have right motion instead of left. If you do than its you valve. If you dont. Then try switching the coils.

That will help you diagnose what exactly it is. And then you get the part from the dealer.

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Just use your valve puller and unscrew the tip. What? You don't have one? Well then be careful, you have to make sure you don't damage/deform the end.

6. maelawncare

Valve puller. WTF are you talking about.

Its simple. Just like replacing a spark plug. Take the bolt off holding the coil. Then unscrew the valve like a spark plug.

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Just like a spark plug till you take the valve out. Then you disassemble. Go back to plow school.

8. maelawncare

wtf are you talking about? you dont disassemble anything after taking the valve out.

you take the valve out and replace with a new one. quit trying to confuse the guy when its simple.

9. maelawncare

Ok since he is trying to confuse you. Here is a diagram.

Notice the valve and coil on S2. Top right on the page. See how the outer nut comes off. Then you slide off the coil. After that is off you use a wrench to take out the valve. That SIMPLE! Just dont get it dirty and make sure nothing gets inside.

And visible they will look ok. Their just finicky little things. Try switching your left and right and see if your problem is now reversed. If it is, then you have a bad valve.

Untitled-1.jpg

hydraulic guide.jpg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

)(*&^*(&%^*(&^

Take your valve apart and clean it.

11. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

the valve does seperate put in to vise and get a brass punch and smack it once and it will spin apart at the threads

12. maelawncare

for one. why would you want to that?

And for two, he did not ask how to tear down a valve. He was referring to take it out. I can see where you got confused. We are trying to give him advice to determine a problem. The valves are cheap enough to replace, and simple enough to remove.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Dude, if you read the thread title, it says emergency. Quickest thing to get back on the road plowing is to pull the valve, unscrew the tip, clean out what ever was keeping the valve open, reassemble and install. 5 min job. You are the one confusing the issue.

There is WAY more to know than what is in the owner's manual or PDF's, but I do commend you, that is a good start.

You will never read in the owner's manual to disassemble a valve. But go back to the first post. I was the first to give advice, already knew what the prob was, and you come along and muddle it up.

14. KCGman

KCGman Junior Member

Fixed!

Thanks guys. No need to get frustrated with each other. I am sorry to be so long at replying. Thanks to you though!!! I have been out plowing! Part of the screen mesh aparently got sucked into the valve. Fortunately I took a pair of needle nose pliars and pulled it out. It works great now. Thank you for your help!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  15. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Good. A little tip: You can energize the valve to open it fully using the solenoid coil. This can sometimes make it easier to get the screen out. Have seen it several times.