1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older 22 series wont go up or down! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by rtk023, Dec 13, 2009.

1. rtk023

rtk023 Junior Member

I have an older 22 series that wont go up or down but the motor runs. It does angle just fine though. I was thinking that it was the up& down cylinder is bad. Any help would be outstanding. Thank you in advance!!! and yes there is fluid in there!!

2. WrightsCap

WrightsCap Junior Member

Does the plow have down pressure and if so does it work?

Brad

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the "B" valve and pressure relief.

Does it angle?

4. rtk023

rtk023 Junior Member

No up/down

It does not have down force and yes it does angle. I guess it isn't a 22 series its to old. I think it is a 24 series. It has the standard 9 pin hook up so it isn't wireless. When you push the up or down button the motor is working but the plow doesn't move. a couple of friends with plows said try the up/down cylinder but i wanted to check with the pros before i started buying unnecessary parts. Could it be wiring? since the motor works what other wiring could it be? maybe the wiring going to the cylinder.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. rtk023

rtk023 Junior Member

OHHH much thanks!!! I am going to check this out. I will let you guys know what I come up with

7. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

Your valve is stuck in between position. If your cover is off its the valve on the driver side of the unit. Take the coil off, then take a boxed wrench and remove the valve under it. Take a small screwdriver or pin of some sort and insert that into the bottom of that stem. Push it in and work it in and out. This should free it up enough to allow it to work. It may take a few times, but should fix the problem.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have a blue and yellow wire in your harness.