1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older 2 plug ultramount.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Freshwater, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

No functions, controller just shuts right off when you push any button. Tried 2 controllers same thing. Started as goofy functioning of the plow. Wouldn't lift sometimes, push left goes right, just weird functioning. Progressively got worse now nothing.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Check where the under dash power wire is hooked up. Maybe even change locations.

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

What are ya working on? May have a bad ground or a voltage drop. Put a volt meter on the wire feeding the controller. When it goes dead, what's the voltage reading?

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I agree with Randall if I have to take an early guess at this one.

Bad Ground is going to be where I place my bet. Clean all your connections.

5. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Update. Plow works great on another truck. Definitely truck side problem. 05 superduty.

Solved. It was the wire that connects at the fuse, had a loose connection to the fuse.

Thanks for the response.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal.....

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

We have a winner!!! Loose connection for 1000.

I would have lost it all on black on this one

8. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Thanks fellas. It's my neighbors truck, and I'm not as versed on pre isolation systems.
    We put it on his other truck that had a bad relay and it really started acting funny, that through us off. New relay and it worked perfectly on that truck. I'm just glad it was something simple.