1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by glachner, Dec 22, 2010.

1. glachner

glachner Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have an old cable control Western plow that is working intermittantly. I replaced the selonoid, cleaned all the connectors, sometime plow will raise and sometimes it won't. I took the control box in the cab apart. It seems like they run the power through the control cables to complete the circuit. I have not found a wiring diagram yet, as this seems alittle strange. Sometimes plow will not operate as if no power and other times it works fine. I can jump the selonoid and make it operate, but still nothing with the control stick.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The ground wire runs along the cable
    cable controller.jpg

Did you check the led wire the comes off the top post to the small post on the solenoid?

Did you lean the power leads to the pump motor?

Here is the PDF your looking for
    http://library.westernplows.com/pdf/62880.pdf

cable controller.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  3. 78W200

78W200 Member

Check to be sure your solenoid is grounded good.

4. glachner

glachner Junior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks for the info. Problem has been fixed. Being that they used the control cables as a ground, I ran an extra ground from the contacts in the control box in cab to a solid ground on body. This took care of the problem. Thanks again for the wiring diagram.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

your welcome......

Merry Christmas, and safe plowing.......