1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Western Plow need A frame

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mvandekamp, Feb 22, 2004.

1. mvandekamp

mvandekamp Junior Member

I have a 1973 #23766 7' Western plow. I need to replace the A frame. Are they still available for a plow this old? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

I don't know, but from the look of most A-frames, it would be a pretty simple afair to fabricate or modify one, if a direct replacement isn't available.

-Jer

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I got 30 feet of the same angle they used in garage. Find a good welder/ fabricator they can fix you up. Or wait till spring when people start selling old plows. Your plow should have the same "spread" as newer ones. Measure the lower mounting horns(where you mount to truck) and I bet they the same as newer plows. Why beat a dead horse when you can buy a newer one! The angle rams and hose are prob younger too, and the bolts and mold board too.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004