1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old western 6ft mounted on a 97 jimmy?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LooseLugNutz, Dec 6, 2008.

1. LooseLugNutz

LooseLugNutz Junior Member

I recently purchased a used conventional western 6 footer...it came with the very basics ....the mount was obviously adapted a few times in previous years and will require fabrication to fit my truck...does anyone have any ....or remember seeing any pictures of how to mount this plow properly to a 1997 jimmy/blazer 4x4?

Ive been searching for hours and my eyes are gonna pop...so please dont think I didn,t do some searching before posting

also ...sorry if this is wrong section...

Thanks for any help

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I would just look at any standard mount system and figure how it was mounted to the frame and go from there. I looked for a suburbanite for my S-10 for backup and I think the mounts went in place of the tow hooks because the frame sits lower, but I'm not for certain. You might want to consider beefing up your suspension too.

I know one guy locally who uses a plow on his Blazer, early nineties I think, if I can I'll take a look at it for you.

Do keep in mind. S-10's, Blazers, Jimmys, etc. had issues with the front end parts going bad. I haven't put a plow on my S-10 yet, but I just replaced the ball joints, pitman arm, and a couple other steering components for 1200 bucks. :realmad:

Even though I went for top-end parts, a plow is still going to be hard on it.
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

4. LooseLugNutz

Thank you very much....the ebay link had great pictures...it looks like they attach to the sway bolts and the tow hooks.....as for the front ends being week for ball joints you are absolutely right....I use MooG trw lifetimes and even with regular synthetic greasing they only last a year or two....Im glad I can change em myself
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Westerns site (under publications) has the install instructions for a conventional on a 90's S series, should help.
  6. LooseLugNutz

^^^I saw that before posting...but it says "s " series 83-90...they seem to have split 83-90....then 91-94......then 95 and up...it'll help anyways because it looks like Im gonna have to make brackets to make it fit ...Ill just use all the info and go from there

Thanks guys