1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old U edge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by columbiaplower, Jan 15, 2002.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

ANyone have an old U edge of scrape of one they wouldnt miss? I have a tractor with a 4 ft blade and would love to try one of those edges on it (with out spring the BIG $'s) Im not sure if the plow weights enough for one of them to scrape well. Anyone else usin on on a small blade?
    THanks in advance
    -Nick

2. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Nick,
    Contact Plowking35. We just got a 48" u-edge for our quad. I'm still waiting to try it. Maybe tomorrow night or Sat???

3. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Hey Turf Plus,

Where abouts are you located around here.

I'm in Del. County but do alot of work in the city, mostly south & southwest.

Mark

4. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Hi Mark,
    I'm in NE Philly. My shop is near 95 and Cottmon. Most of our sites are in Bucks and Montgomery County. Drip me a line sometime.

John

5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

turf-did u use new edges or take-offs?

6. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Nick,
    I just mounted the new u-edges the other day. I also got a u-edge for one of our 9' westerns. I can't wait to try them after hearing so much about them. A 48 inch edge won't cost you an arm and a leg. Contact Dino or one of the other U-edge dealers in the forum. One problem I do have with the u-edge is its Meyers yellow.......lol. Just kidding Meyers fans, I also have 3 Meyers plows. :p

7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I too could use a new poly edge thats maybe 1/2" or 3/4" thick and 6" tall x 54" wide for the deere contraption