1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old trucks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jay741, Feb 10, 2009.

1. jay741

jay741 Junior Member

does anyone out there still plow with the old international or jeep pick up trucks???? if so can you post a pic of what you plow with. also if anyone still plows with the old dodge power wagones post up some pics. all i see around here r new trucks.

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

One landscap;er up in Ottawa (who had a knack for keeping equipment running and servicable over a long period of time) told me that the best trucks he ever had for plowing was the International Scouts sorry no pics

3. rednekk frank

rednekk frank Member

Here's my old Power Wagon - my first plow truck - right after I removed the plow.

[​IMG]

Bought it for $600 with the plow, used it 2 years, killed it and sold it for scrap. Got $450 at the scrap yard (right before the bottom fell out of the scrap market). I transferred the plow to a Ranger that I got for free and have been using for 2 yeas or so now.

4. jay741

jay741 Junior Member

thats a nice truck what year was it???

5. rednekk frank

rednekk frank Member

'79.

It served its purpose quite well, and didn't owe me a dime by the time I got rid of it.

6. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member