1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old truck new body

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by zkchevy, May 13, 2006.

1. zkchevy

zkchevy Junior Member

I was woundering if any of you had put an 88-98 body on 81-87 chevy 4x4 frame

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Why bother? buy a newer truck for the time and money it will cost and mostly safety.

3. zkchevy

zkchevy Junior Member

alredy have all parts and plenty of time

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

A friend of mine did it. He put an 89 body onto a 75 frame. Nothing matches. He had to double frame it because the one frame is wider then the other(not sure which) It was alot of work and he said that he probably wouldn't do it again.

Will

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I'd imagine the newer frame is the wider one, as the older ones had the tanks on the outside of the frame and the newer ones inside.

I looked at the same project years ago when the trucks were a lot newer still and said 'why bother' back then already. If anything, it would probably be easier just to swap a solid axle under a 2wd's frame.

6. zkchevy

zkchevy Junior Member

new frame is wider but project is comeing along great built wider mounts on frame

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Post some pics?

Good luck...!

8. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Any pics yet?

Been checking back to post still no pics and hows the project coming along?

9. zkchevy

zkchevy Junior Member

not been working on it for a while

10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

--------------------------------