1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Trojan 1900 fluids

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by t-sig, Oct 16, 2011.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I have an old Trojan 1900 that got flooded up to the top of the tires in Tropical Storm Lee. I drained the differentials, they had water in them. I drained water out of the transmission, but, I'm not sure how/where to refill it. It calls for dexron fluid, which is no problem. There is a pipe plug on the top-rear of the tranny.

I guess my big questions are, Does anyone have this same machine or similar? Where do you fill the tranny? The torque converter is a separate unit from the tranny, but is connected with hoses, do they share fluid? I haven't checked the planetaries yet, what kind of fluid do they take? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Go to HEF--Heavy Equipment Forums,I'm a member there---much more excavators there than here who will steer you straight.

3. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Thanks Tuney, will do.

4. BuffaloJoe

BuffaloJoe Member

That pipe plug is the transmission fill. I cut a piece of garden hose and slipped it over the end of a funnel to get it in there.