1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Tri plow cables

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MitchellMouland, Oct 16, 2013.

1. MitchellMouland

MitchellMouland Junior Member

I have an only Tri plow that Iv been using for a couple years now, it's mounted on to a 1995 f 350. The pump is cable operated and my issue is the cables are not really long enough! They are the 9 foot ones but I'm wondering if anyone out there have longer after market ones made or places to buy! Looking for about 11 feet long! Thanks

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, there is a longer cable available, 12' part # 56180. rather expensive. and that's assuming you have the black plastic control with the round knob, not the red metal box with the t-handle.

3. MitchellMouland

Yep I got the black control and black cables! Anywhere in canada to get this do you know!? Thanks again

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I doubt anybody would stock them (if they do they might give you a deal to get rid of them!), but any Western distributor should still be able to order them. list is $117.52 each, and they are still in the current price list, so as far as I know Western still has them.

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I'll check I have some red ones and black ones I'll put tape on them see how long they are.

6. MitchellMouland

They are expensive! Considering the 9 foot ones are 30-40 dollars haha! Dose anyone have a set of 12' ones in good condition they would like to sell? Let me know!

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Only 9ft ones all I have Thought I had some red ones

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, the 12' ones are really expensive, and would be really rare. nobody's gonna have some just laying around. and no, red ones would be for the wrong style control (t-handle).

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Huh, I thought all the Tri-Plows were purchased back by Western after they lost the lawsuit. Really surprised parts are available.

10. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I don't remember anything about Western having to buy any back, or anything about a suit. But there wouldn't be many around, that's for sure.
    The only one I remember that Western actually recalled was the wheel plow.