1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old to New s-10/Blazer

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Straightliner, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Straightliner

Straightliner Member

I've been to Western's quickmatch and it won't let me search for a 1993 S-10.

My question is: Will a western plow on a 1993 S-10 (It's in the old pics thread) go onto a 1997 Blazer with no modifications. I'm pretty sure the chassis didn't change. I figured I'd ask here first in case somebdy has done it already.

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The '93 and older mount isn't the same as the '94-up due to the bumper change when they changed the body style, the frame horns are different.

3. Straightliner

Straightliner Member

Thank.. You..

4. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

The S-10 Blazer didnt change until 1995, The 94 S-10 Blazer is still a first generation.
    The S-10 pickup changed in 1994 to the new body style.

5. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Follow up

I have a unimount on a 92 s-10-----will it fit a 98 zr2? IF not, how can I make it fit if western doesnt make one....custom fab shop?

6. Proscapez LLC

I dont know how it hooks up, but the ZR2 frame is 2 inches wider then a standard S10.

7. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Is it really THAT much wider, I cant believe that

8. Proscapez LLC

All the front end parts are all inter-changeable except the center link, it's two inches wider to make up for the frame.

if you look up the specs you'll see the difference in the track.
    Also look up part numbers for control arms, ball joints, tie rods inner and outter, idler arm, pitman arm, they are all the same.

I have heard from so many people that have tried swapping them to get the lift of a ZR2 on a normal S-10, but the frame is wider and the control arms mount in different locations.

9. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

So, in theory, all you would have to do to mount he plow is weld in the 2 inches of material???

Hopefullyyy

10. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Anyone near Chicago that can make this transition for me??

Also what would or should it cost me?