1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old to new convertion

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Z Cut's Lawncare, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Hey guys i need a little help here i have an old Fisher Speed Caster plow "not Sander" i was wonding if i can us the new MM2 mount with it to bolt right on the plow came off my 88 chevy 1500 the craped the bed last year and wanted to put it on my 04 Avalanche and us it? any thing is a help thank you. also the Pump i already know has to change due to it use a pully hyro pump now in need of electrical pump.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

so u want to put the insta act pump on the speed cast set up correct?

3. that yes due to the old pump is ran off the motor and a pully system so yes

4. but im wonding if i need to put a new A-frame on it as well

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

ahhh, possibly. it depends on a few things. Do you already have the headgear for a MM2 with the pump?

6. Morrissey snow removal

yes u can 2 off my trcks are set up like that

0905120838b.jpg

7. i dont have the head gear for the MM2 but i do have the pump will the MM2 undercarige mount work with the old A-frame?

8. Morrissey snow removal

the mm 2 mount with an old a frame yes just cut the piece off angle iron on the aframe off so it clears the jack and weld a new one on near the pin holes or leave it off

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Again...that all depends on some things. Morrissey's going off on a tangent over here with blinders on....:rolleyes:

Lets backup for a second here...the question is; will a MM2 " undercarige" work with an old A frame...are you referring to push plates? I assume you are if you want to put it on an 04 Avalanche. In which case the answer would be no, it won't. You need the headgear to mount it all together. You can't just put the A Frame on push plates. Now..you can mount the older A frames on to certain MM1 & MM2 headgear's. That would depend on the measurements of the A frame that you have, and the headgear you want to use.

10. can i just take the old plow just the blade and use all the new parts?

11. i have all the parts for the plow the push plates and all head gear.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

You can't use the old speedcast headgear with MM push plates...

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

You need this....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The problem you're going to run into trying to put this all together is the headgear itself....you can buy a whole used setup for what most guys sell just the headgear for, and better yet, IF you can find just a headgear. Then there is always the problem of finding the RIGHT sized headgear to fit what you have for an A frame and blade. That's too many eggs in such a small basket. You can buy a brand spanking new headgear for around $1000 if you want and slap it all together. It would need to be a MM1 though.

If you need help determining what you need, or what will fit...let me know.

14. i have that i have the head gear but the problem im running to is the push plates dont fit my frame they fit my old 88 chevy frame

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Your beginning to confuse me. You have a headgear for a speedcast, not a Minute mount. They're entirely different. Push Plates are truck specific, and look like this for a MM1 & MM2....

[​IMG]

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

If you in fact have an actual MM1 or MM2 headgear, and you just need the push plates for it, then you're looking at needing part 7168

17. i dont have the new head gear i have the old head gear that came with the plow the lights stay with the truck which i dont want i want the set up of the MM1 or MM2

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

Exactly, you have a speedcast headgear, and you need a MM1 or MM2 headgear which is pictured within post 13:

19. so what do you think im looking at with the push plates and the new head gear to mount to my plow do you think the a frame has to change?

20. and sorry if i confuse you haha.