1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old T-handle controls for Fisher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sbt1, Mar 20, 2005.

1. sbt1

sbt1 Member

just waxing nostalgic here- Dad had a '71 Chevy 3/4 ton with a Fisher hydraulic plow. There were two T-shaped control knobs I think, one was for raise/lower the other for angling. Is that right? Anybody have these?

Prior to that he had an old Dodge with a Meyer, all it had was raise/lower. One of those push/pull handles with the dark red knob on it. Manual angle.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

he was probably using the old pump that was run off the engine and then plumbed into a 10/10 valve that was on the fender well. He probably had to push or pull the rod depending of what function he want. They actually were quite dependable just slow at times and having to lean forward to reach the roads was hard on the back.

3. sbt1

sbt1 Member

yeah, I think you're right

they were mounted on the left side of the dash, to the left of the instrument cluster. and yes they were the pump/underhood hydraulics.

When I started plowing snow myself 5-8 years later, we had a few Meyer plows all electric. What junk, could never keep the batteries charged, after a few up/downs or angles the batteries would be so dead you couldn't life the blade. Putting in a 2nd batter helped I think but never as dependable as the old style Fishers.