1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old T-5 and 6ft Meyer blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pdnet, Aug 1, 2004.

1. pdnet

pdnet Junior Member
    from MD

I bought my truck (1ton Dodge 4x4) with a plow mount from the local town government last year. This past winter I had a home made plow that I welded up real quick, no power anything, just enough to push the snow off my driveway (1/4 mile gravel). It worked fine, but I've had my eyes open for a real plow.

Last week I picked up a 6ft Meyer plow and T-5 rig for $220. The pump seems to work fine, it integrated with my Meyer joystick control and wiring harness no problem. I know the 6ft blade is a little small for a full size truck, and the lack of power angle may suck come winter, but for the money I couldn't pass it up. I'll also have to weld on the frame a little as the 6ft blade has a smaller A-frame width than the 8ft blade that the city used.

Questions are:

1. Is it possible to add power angle to a blade like this? NorthernTool and TSC sell cylinders I can use, and I can pick up a used E47 or E60 pump. But what is gonna take to mount the cylinders? Anything I can check on the A-frame to see if it is even possible?

2. Assuming I keep the T-5 Is there anything I can do to it to prolong its life, since parts are no longer available?

Anything else?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Get a bigger plow.....you won't regret it...:drinkup: