1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old style to Minuite Mount???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cja1987, Mar 2, 2004.

1. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I was wondering if it is possible to convert on old style fisher perminent mount to a minuite mount. The plow would stay on the same truck. If its possible how much would it cost, what would have to be done with the under carriage. Also i think it would have to stay belt driven i would assume hydraulic quick connects would have to be used:confused: Also from looking around on the street it appears that the older trucks with minuite mounts have hydraulic lines to connect ,While the newer MMs are electric over hydraulic like my plow.

Also does anyone have any experience removing the head gear on a fisher old style mount. It appears from looking at them that after the plow is removed that there are two big pins where the mount connects to the truck. Can those pins be pulled out easily to remove the headgear or are they perminent.

2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

With the right skills and equipment, you could make anything work. I just did the same basic thing with my Meyer, but I swapped in a newer electric pump, because my engine driven pump went bad.
    Yes, you will need 3 disconnects, I would imagine you already have 2 for the angles since I doubt you NEVER take off your plow. You will also need quick disconnects for the lights, I used a 7 pin round trailer plug and it works great. I also used relays to make the lights switch automatically when I plug them in like the new fishers do. (contact me directly if you want more info on that).
    Depending on the truck there are probably frame mounts available, but you have to make sure they will fit the A frame for your plow, or they will need to be modified, I built the whole thing myself, and it saved me about 5 or 6 hundred dollars. But I have access to lots of equipment, so you might not have such luxury.

Good luck.

-Jer

PS... permanent

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the info + spelling correction.;) I have never been able to spell very good.

4. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

Those "big pins" are actually pins that hold the A frame to the headgear and truck. They are attached to the push beam, and held in with cotter pins. You actual plow frame is bolted in multiple locations. while I wish my fisher were a minute mount, I would not trade having the under hood hydrolics for anythign since they are trouble free. It takes me about 5 minutes to hook up my plow before a storm, and about 2 minutes to drop it.