1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old style elec pump problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BIGRED1, Feb 25, 2006.

1. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

I have an old style elec/hydr. fisher setup. I will attach pics tomorrow but for now its the long one (res in rear, pump in middle and motor in front, solenoid on top) End of last storm all i was getting was clicking at the solenoid, so i replaced it. Didn't help, so I bypassed the solenoid and could hear the motor working but the pump wouldn't kick on. I think i can find one in the junkyard but would be open to suggestions for a better way, ie; rebuilding it or buying new if not to expensive. FYI it is not on the headgear, I have it on a pedastal, welded to the side of the frame under the hood of my dumptruck. Wired as follows, hot wire direct from battery to hot side of solenoid- 16 guage wire from joystick in cab to small point on solenoid- approx 4 guage jumper from other large bolt on solenoid to motor on front of reservoir. then the hyd. go out from reservoir center.

If anyone has any input on this it would be appreciated, I don't know how to upload pics to a thread yet but I will get the pics tomorrow and maybe someone can tell me how to do it.

thank you in advance...again
    Dennis :cry: :cry: