1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old style cable ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by repo_man62, Nov 12, 2005.

1. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Unit works perfect...up/down fine...controller all the way right...angles fine, controller all the way left...nothing. Move it just barely off center left...works fine. What's the problem?
  2. 78W200

78W200 Member

I would check the cable connection in the joystick make sure the cable is not slipping and also try and move the lever on the housing by hand to be sure everything is working on that end. good luck winter is coming
  3. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

adjust the angle cable at the pump side:drinkup:
  4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Can you here the solenoid activating? Click Click? If the solenoids operating when you move the joystick, your cables need adjusting. If the solenoids not engaging when you move the joystick you need to take the joystick apart, one of the contacts to ground out the solenoid is proboly faulty, or bent back from wear.
  5. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Yep... I can hear 'em. Which way do i need to adjust the cable? I took the plow off the old rust bucket and installed on a better one.
  6. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Ice in the valve housing?
  7. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

ICE? It's been 70-80 degree's here. I hardly think that is the problem. Thanks anyways.
  8. max

max Junior Member

did you get it working??

red cable's or black? either way, loosen the adjustment and push the angle cable in a 1/16 of an inch.. better or worse? after you find the sweet spot lock the adjustment down good and tight. my lift cable likes to push in and I can't drop the blade.
  9. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

No solenoids on cable setup agree with Max.