1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old st 90 controls

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by welj31, Jan 20, 2009.

1. welj31

welj31 Member

Hello everyone. I have a meyers st90 off of a 73 Dodge S/N . I got the truck cheap used it one year before it fell apart. So I put the plow on my 86 GMC 3/4 sub. It was a quickie job but now I am using the plow offten. The contols for the plow are rods that run from dash to a valve mounted on inner fender. This was ok for home use but now its a pain to lean over and pull and push rods under dash. Also inner fender is weak and moving around and valve is now leaking. My question is there a way to change the controls to a newer style(dare a touch pad or joy stick)? If not is there somewhere I can get parts to fix leaking valve? Thanks for any help.

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Sounds like you have an old engine driven pump and mechanical valves. Your cheapest solution would be to pick up an E47 and a harness with dual toggle switches. Craigslist or Ebay.

3. welj31

welj31 Member

Thanks

I wil look into that thanks again

4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

this is one option... or you can find a Fisher spool valve and cable controls with the 4 way T-handle...

5. pwgnplow

pwgnplow Junior Member
    from MN

if you find a new setup, I will buy your old belt-driven pump and controls from you. I am in need of a replacement pump for my system.

6. welj31

welj31 Member

This is a engine driven pump but pully was bent when i got it 3 years ago looks like its going to fly apart when engine is running. I will sell parts if i can get another set up going thanks

7. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

8. welj31

welj31 Member

Ebay

thanks I hope i can find somthing like this in a couple weeks... I have a litter up shi tuz pups that will be leaving around then payup