1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old speedcaster back on the truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldsw-31, Jan 8, 2006.

1. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

Well today I put the old conventional system back on my 89 F250. Since I took the less than a year old MM2 system off and put it on my new Chevy 2500HD. I knew I kept that stuff for a reason. Man that old setup weighs a ton. I used a some new grade 8 bolts to secure it to the frame of the truck. and since I have access to alot of 3/4" diameter stainless hardware I used them for the 6 locations on the pushplates. I know your saying stainless is not as stong as a grade 8 but it should be just as good as a grade 5 as what the parts list called for. The old pump is back on. the valve assy is mounted back where it originally was. I do have a ? I have this one bracket left and I am not sure where it goes. from the condition of it it looks like it was in the cab. The bracket is made from 1/8 flat stock with a slight bend and has 3 mounting holes with these spacers on it and 2 other ones I thought was to mount the joystick. any idea where it goes. I am going to see if I can get a picture

2. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

here is a picture of the bracket

Bracket.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  3. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

Does anyone know what this part is for?

4. sam c

sam c Member

I Think it may go between the wheel well and the valve body :confused:

5. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

it mounts the joy stick under the dash

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Yeah, I think so too- under the dash and the to holes on the rightin the pic attach to the top of the joystick face plate.

7. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

I got ahold of Fisher and it is a Controler specfic mount for the 87-92 F seriers trucks.

8. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

I got the whole thing hooked up but I cant seem to get the thing to lift. what is the correct bleeding procedure.