1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old speedcast plow hose pressure

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jjefferson, Jan 1, 2014.

1. jjefferson

jjefferson Junior Member
    from ME

About time to replace the return hose on my old speedcast plow.
    Curious what the hose rating pressure for the return line to the old coffee can style pump is. I have a bunch of fittings that I could use if the pressure low.

Also just curious if anyone have ever installed a permanent psi gauge on the dashboard. The truck is an old dodge m37 that never leaves the property so I can do what I want to it. Thinking it would be a cheap way to monitor the pump. Would plumb it into the hp line to the spool valve body. Cant really figure out how to plumb each ram / lift line without getting too crazy.
    I could of course have 4 different gauges for each cylinder / pump. But then I would spend more time watching the gauges and probably run over the mailbox.....

Thanks and Happy New Year.
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

Return lines typically are under 350psi. Only have 150psi in the return lines out of the valve in my municipal trucks. Of course they're #12 or #16.