1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Snowbear?

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by warrior88, Jan 25, 2012.

1. warrior88

warrior88 Member

I found this on Craigslist and the guy wants 100 bucks for it. Not a bad price I think but is it what he says it is and how hard will it be to find a mount for this thing? Also how would it be raised and lowered? I have a winch but this dont have the typical double a-frame that you see in todays SBs and it dont have a winch perch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. warrior88

warrior88 Member

Bump to top for serious help needed.

3. warrior88

warrior88 Member

anyone? Please help here.

4. antjmar

antjmar Junior Member

If snowbear sell mounts for your vehicle this should be fine (with some work) the cross member that will be mounted on your vehicle will fit this they have not changed the size. the winch used to be mounted on the plow frame I believe where the small square is. The old ones also had solenoids but you can use heavy duty relays instead or just a heavy duty switch.

5. warrior88

warrior88 Member

Thanks man. Just wondering about the double a-frame style that you see on todays models. This one dont have that.

6. warrior88

warrior88 Member

Ok so I did some digging on thier website and came to the conclusion that this is an early WinterWolf. Would this be correct?

7. antjmar

antjmar Junior Member

The old winter wolfs used to be painted blue. But winter wolf and snowbear are basically the same thing just different size blade etc. .They are all the same manufacturer.

8. antjmar

antjmar Junior Member

personally I think the old design is stronger but I dont THINK you can do the manual blade adjust very easily. I think you have to manually place a bolt or something in the hole to lock it in the position you want to plow (straight or at an angle).