1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old snoway problems. need tech help

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by sowbelly, Jan 22, 2006.

1. sowbelly

sowbelly Junior Member
    from midwest

I bought an old blade a year ago and after getting it hooked up it worked great.... the problem is this year-----it raises , but when you try to angle right or left it will raise the blade, it also will not lower. I've checked the down coil and even changed it and the stem valve but with the same results.......... please help????????????? sowbelly
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hung check valve. try draining the system refilling it with Meyer Hydra flush and cycle it a few times. Sometimes this is all it takes and if it's an old unit it could use a good internal flush. Don't leave the Flush in to plow snow. it cleans and lubricates but is not designed for cold temperature or extended use. If the hydra flush doesn't free it up remove and clean the check valve. Contact Snoway with your serial number they will get you the manuals. But try the Hydra flush first, I have had good luck with it (hydra flush) freeing up sticky check valves.
  3. sowbelly

sowbelly Junior Member
    from midwest

snoway problems, need tech help

thanks Basher I'll give the flush a try and let you know..