1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Snow Plow Mount Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Rob Zelk, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Rob Zelk

Rob Zelk Junior Member

I have what I think is an old snow plow mount on my dad's F150 and I'm curious if (1) it is really a snow plow mount and (2) if it is, how do I know what kind of plow I can mount on it and (3) if anyone knows if I can mount it on my 2000 F150. Thanks for any help! Oh yeah how much do you think the whole set up is worth, I'm going to buy it off my dad.

Rob

101_1793.jpg

101_1794.jpg

101_1795.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No, No, and No. It's simply a winch mount with a winch and a front hitch. Nothing to do with a plow. It's worth whatever the winch is worth if it works........maybe a few hundred tops.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

plus it will not fit on a 2000 w/o modification

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That was my 3rd No :)

And yes.....a LOT of modification. I fab stuff and would never waste my time trying to make it fit.......even if it was a plow mount.

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I'm sorry, but that's funny!

6. Rob Zelk

Rob Zelk Junior Member

Haha!! Yeah after looking at the mount for the winch I knew it would take modification... Too much messing around.. Thanks for your help guys!

7. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

Don't you know??? Thats a reciever hitch so grampa don't have to look back wards to put the boat in the water. The winch is to drag it back to the pickup because he forgets to lock the ball coupler

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's definatly not a plow mount.