1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old Sno-way 25 Gland Nut and bushing issues.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tonychavalia, Nov 29, 2009.

1. tonychavalia

tonychavalia Junior Member

I have what I believe is an old Snoway 25, its a 3 pin mount and a 7 1/2. The turn cylinders are about 1 inch in diameter on the actual rod and the gland nuts are busted up pretty good.

Can I get new gland nuts are am I stuck with new cylinders? Has anyone retro fitted these with other cylinders from other makers. There seems to be a better selection and better pricing. If I have to change cylinders I would rather go up a size but prefered getting the gland nut and top o-ring.

Another is is the point were the rams of the turn cylinders mount to the front of the a-frame there alittle out of round. Do people normally weld in bushings or round pipe?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You might find gland nuts from another source but will give you a idea of what they are and the Snoway part numbers

Page nine
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100204j.pdf

If your cylinders are bad you are most often better replacing. You could find you have a hard time with disassembling and once they are apart find they are not worth rebuilding.

You could try to fit different cylinders in place of the OEMs but you need to be careful and match them correctly, eye to eye, stroke, hole size, fitting location, etc. Using ram with a larger piston will require more fluid and could slow operation.

If your mounting holes are elongated welding plates is the easiest, you could fit a pipe spacer in and weld it in place just keep the lengths short or you will have to replace the pins. Be sure to maintain all the clearances.

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:
  3. tonychavalia

tonychavalia Junior Member

I talk to a dealer and WOW!! what a let down. Prices are mind numbing 50 buck each for cylinder gland nuts or $187 for a cylinder. I put a mammoth cylinder on my tractor with a loader for that price. The dealer has no parts on hand but common stuff like trip springs and oil. The dealer was nice and knowledgeable on his products but supply is poor.

I always had a good image in my mind when I thought Snoway now my wallet thinks oh crap I should have got another Meyer.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Bought an OEM Meyer cylinder lately:confused:
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No kidding. $210 each walk in customer price. :dizzy: