1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old schwans truck??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by durafish, Nov 13, 2012.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

ive been reading around and heard of the schwans truck that are propane powered. they are chevy 4500 i think just wondering who has them and where people get them for like $4000?
  2. durafish

from 02919

somebody has to know ive seen other people post about them in the past:help:
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe a search?
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I'd call a schwan location and see where they go.

The problem with propane in the winter is that you can have freeze problems if there is no warming system on it. Not sure if the schwan trucks are set up with them or not.

5. durafish

from 02919

Yea but what will they know. I'm sure it has a warming system built in, if not oh well. I just want to meet someone that gets them for like $4000 and buy it off of them for a little more.
  6. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I was looking into them fairly extensively last year they can be had from $2500-$6k or so all depending on mileage. eBay and Minnesota Craigslist (schwans corp headquarters are there) yielded the best results but timing was hit or miss. Search "LNL's shrek" I believe was the title of the thread of someone on here who bought one and outfitted it. I have it saved somewhere but on my phone right now.
  7. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Good search suggestion.

From that thread:
  8. durafish

from 02919

yea i have seen that thread before but that doesnt get me one lol.
    can anyone give me a link to one i dont know what part of mn CL to look at.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  9. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Ugh. .....Google is your friend......meyer international trucks Cameron, wi
  10. cameren_j

cameren_j Junior Member

How to find a schwans truck

If you are still looking for an old propane powered schwans truck Schwans corporate office is located in Marshall MN which is where I grew up. I believe it is Kruse motors that sells those trucks for schwans. Marshall is located in the SW corner of MN just east of Sioux Falls SD.