1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old School Sears blower, where to get parts?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bad Luck, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

A guy I work with has a blower he's giving away. It's only a 22 or 23 inch but he says it runs good. The only thing is that it is an electric start (electric meaning it has to be pluged in to start) and the pull cord is broken. Should I take it? Where would I be able to get the parts to fix the thing? It's about 10 years old.
  2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I would see if sears has a service center near you. We have one locally but not sure how they are placed around the country. They are able to order parts for the equipment they sell. Of course engine parts, bearings tires and such can probably be bought at places like J. Thomas www.j-thomas.com, www.outdoordistributors.com, or Manufacturers Supply(I think that is their name but I can't find my link for it)
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Sears can still supply parts for my blower that is 25 plus years old..... try them too.

pull cord is an easy fix.
  4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

If it is only the pull cord, most places that supply small engine parts should be able to supply the parts to repair it. The recoils are not that bad to fix...I used to fix them when I was a kid... my dad used to repair small engines so I would help him out...
  5. LuffTruckingLLC

LuffTruckingLLC Junior Member

I would take it. Yaou cant lose with the word FREE in it. A repair center will usually give you a FREE estimate on repair. So your out nothing. Good luck..
  6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

My old sears had a Tecunseh on it.

Hi, My old Sears blower That I gave away also(lol) Had a Tecumseh on it and could get parts at pretty much any small engine repair shop.
    As far a blower parts Sears has a pretty good online parts site by model number.I folded one of the augers over and $24 later it was good as new.
    As to why I got rid of the Craftsman,My Ariens was twice the machine,heavier castings,thicker gauge sheet metal and a better impeller to chute design,but free is free and the Craftsman will work fine in dry snow.
  7. max

max Junior Member