1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old school loader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CARDOCTOR, Jan 17, 2009.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

picked this up over the summer didnt look this nice but does a great job
    now i can load salt at my shop instead of driving an hour to load

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Beautiful tractor....looks like the left side chain is coming off though
  3. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

Nice tractor! Do you need to use a counter weight to offset the weight of the salt?
  4. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

That's just like the one I learned how to drive on, cept it was a ford. I was about eight years old. It was cool when I would dump the clutch the front end would come off the ground, my dad would come out and yell there you go poping wheelys in my tractor again.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

fixed the chain i mounted a 55 gal drum of water on the back to counter weight
    and the tires are filled with calcium

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

talk about serious counter weight....I need to add front weight to my tractor myself.
  7. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Nice find. Up my way those are pretty hard to get a hold of - nobody wants to part with one.
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Nice seat :nod: