1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old school diamond (weight)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by homebuilt, Jan 31, 2012.

1. homebuilt

homebuilt Junior Member

i remodeled and restored a old school 8' diamond blade and mounted it on my 99 f-250. i know the dang thing is heavy but have no idea how much it weighs. just wondering if anybody here knows the weight on these things. thanks

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

How about some pics. My old school diamond is I think from 1980. The thing is a tank.

3. homebuilt

homebuilt Junior Member

i'll have to get some more pics. this is the only one i have. when i got it, it was in a pile sitting in a hedgerow. it didn't have even a inch of paint on it, it was solid rust. not rusted through anywhere, just surface rust.

[​IMG]

4. Murphy4570

Murphy4570 Member

Holy crap that is the best paint job ever.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that looks about the same size as a C-8, which is around 900 lbs.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

That sounds about right. I have a 5/8" cutting edge as well. I know even with my modified fenner pump (higher volume cc's per rev.) you can still tell it is heavy going up.Left to right is fast though. My 250 with "xx" code springs only drops about an inch when I pick up the plow.

T.J.