1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old RT-2 V wiring issue.... need help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fitch, Jan 15, 2009.

1. fitch

fitch Junior Member

i am swapping out a unimount western to a boss v, with a RT-2 old set up. (hand latch system) so i have the wiring off a 89 GMC, and im trying to put it onto my 95 GMC. My 95 has the dual headlights (9005/9006) The harness i have has the old wiring connectors for the headlights, the composite style U-shape fittings. i chopped the off and installed the 9005/9006 plugs that i picked up at the local autozone. i guess my question is... what the hell do i do for the high beam ground wires? when you ground them out to the frame, 1 high beam comes on, and the opposite low beam. So the instructions i have state that the wiring only runs off the driverside for its input source, and there is a switch that runs to the cab, that you have to use to switch on and off when you have the plow hooked up.... im so lost as to why the wiring wont work. am i just too overwhelmed and letting some simple error pass? has anyone else had a similar problem or have any clue what im talkin about???