1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old rotator question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by oh8chevy2500, Nov 13, 2009.

1. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

What i have is a Dietz 7-40 Rotator I would say around late 70's era had it on my old trucks and just a few days ago the local police are busting my chops saying i cant run the half red half amber lense anymore .... the old truck when my father had it was a city sub'd truck and it was required then to have red to the rear and amber to the front on any plow... my question is does anyone make lenses for these lights anymore like an all amber ? i did a quick google search but came up with not much any help i'd appreciate! thanks
  2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure, maybe see if you can find a factory for them somewhere? If they're still in business.
  3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Try contacting ... www.sirenman.com he may be able to help you find something.
  4. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

Here in MA the only lights you are allowed to add can ONLY be amber in any direction. I have searched Ebay many times in the past for "strobe lenses" and found a few individuals who sell used older lenses are reasonable prices. You could always send a question to those guys asking them if they have what you need, then pick up a kit from NOVUS to polish the old lens and it will look like new.

Only trying to help.

5. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

when the light was bought and put on a 76 K20 when it was 2 months old the laws were red to the rear amber to the front and the light has been used every year since 76 with the split color lense and this year i get cited for it such a pita
  6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Unfortunately they probably don't have a grandfather clause in the law. Check out Sirenman and he may have contact for a clear lense and you can put amber sealbeam bulbs in it.

Another thing you can try is one of the older safety equipment install places... Have one down here in the Cincinnati area www.campsafetyinc.com and they maybe able to dig you up something.

You may also want to go scrounging around junk yards that may have old fire/ems trucks and snag a light. Hey just a thought...if you have someone in your area that collects old fire trucks and stuff you may be able to trade your split lense for something.

Good luck to you!