1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old post closing???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Frozen001, Dec 8, 2004.

What to do with old posts

1. Close threads for new posts after X days or months

13 vote(s)
  2. Leave threads open for new post

5 vote(s)
  3. Create some sort of soloring for older posts

5 vote(s)
  4. I don't care leave the site as it is....

4 vote(s)
  1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Okay I have brought this up before, but what are thoughts on closing old post after a certian period of time???
  2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Like I said before make a separate forum with "old threads". They still have valuable information to the newbies and I consider myself one of those newbies. I know it gets old reading something that was posted a year ago but maybe the newbie can start a new post on the subject. Just my .02
  3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

As long as they are still searchable I think it would be a good idea to close them after a few months
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I agree. Have a separate forum ( call it the library ) for threads that are older than say what ???

Then those who wish to research and/or read can go in there and do it. While newer info would be available on this forum.
  5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I vote to leave it alone. I don't have a problem with posting to old threads.
  6. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

I dont see that it really matters because its not often that an old post is opened. That tells me we could close them and it wouldnt even be noticed. They do need to be searchable though.
  7. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

but you cant close" pictures from buffalo" that post is famous :cool:
  8. PJB

PJB Junior Member

Old posts should be closed or moved after 1 year. The ability to search old posts is important.
  9. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Bolts,

I like the Library idea. I think that would work out great for all involved.

10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

As a long standing senior member (5 years very soon) that has been HERE since it's inception, I vote to keep all posts open for replies.

There is a LOT of good info, but more importantly, a LOT of old info that would need to be replied to and updated with current info.

It's funny that those who I consider "newbies" are voting for change. Yet the veterans are all for keeping the past.
  11. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

There's been a few threads about this. I personally don't care if they're removed or stay. My suggestion would be to put all the old ones in an archive or something.