1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old plow trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by huss691981, Dec 15, 2008.

1. huss691981

huss691981 Member

I love the old tanks out there. Post your old truck pics here please and thank you. Here is my old power wagon and one I found online. Wish I could find an old sno-commander like that one.

1234.jpg

snowcomander.jpg

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

3. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

Mark, your truck looks AWFUL familiar, are you on FSC or GMFS?

and here's a couple pics of my trucks...
    my 77 in her former glory...
    [​IMG]
    after 30 years as a plow truck, she's retired, and waiting on restoration. plans are currently EFi and an overdrive trans. may beef it up and use it as a tow pig. the only thing left on it from the plow setup is the lift frame, as its welded to the frame. after resto, it will never see snow again, unless i absolutely have to drive it. inherited it from my grandfather when he passed away in 03. he always talked about us restoring an old truck into a nice driver for him, but we never got to it. when i got the truck, i knew what i have to do with it, i have to build that truck. its the one truck i will never part with until someone pries the keys from my cold, dead hand.

and my 80, the replacement for the 77...
    [​IMG]
    playing king of the hill. :D
    [​IMG]
    its getting an injected motor in the spring, along with a hydraulic clutch setup from an 87. we'll see how she does, and this may end up being the tow pig after some brake upgrades (discs in the rear, i HATE drum brakes!)

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I post ***** it up on FSC all the time. I'm registered on GMFS but go over there about once a year.

5. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

ah, ok, i remember now. you posted pics of your truck up there with a bunch of snow in a driveway. you probably know me from the sig. :D

6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

My 82 GMC Jimmy with 7.5 Fisher.

plow truck 010.jpg

7. tuna

tuna Senior Member

My 89 F 250 with 8' Fisher MM 1

8. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

Hey guys Ive been lucking around for about a year now. Love the site, but when I saw "Old Plow Trucks" I thought you meant OLD like mine, not next to new 70's and 80' stuff.:confused:
    Here is the OLD rig I plow with http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/willyswagon-2007/?action=view&current=ibc117.jpg
    Just rebuilt the cab over and gave it a fresh coat of paint http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/willyswagon-2007/?action=view&current=ibc108.jpg
    I'm building a new box for it this winter. It will look like this again come spring http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/willyswagon-2007/?action=view&current=ibc006.jpg

It has an original western electric - hydrolic plow set up. The ivory handle on the right control the blade. http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/willyswagon-2007/?action=view&current=ibc120.jpg
    It's a simple set up but has past the test of time. 52 years old and still going!!!!:nod:

9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

wheres Nick at? He has a bunch of older ones if I remember correctly.

10. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

conventional mounts rule.

11. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I've posted my truck a few times...here's a pic and a video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

My 85

Here is a pic of my 85 CUUV with conventional 8.2V
    [​IMG]

13. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

here's pic of my OLD POWER WAGON.. yeah still runs good.
    [​IMG]

if I see other truck for sale I would take it. :drinkup:

14. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Not a truck, but its my old plow vehicle. 87 Jeep Cherekee with 257,000 miles on it... Best $250 investment Ive ever made. I use it to run a 5 hour route of small business's and residential driveways.
    Cant beat it for small tight spots. Throw the wings on and its 8' wide. I help do Khols, Red Lobster, Payless, Home Depot and a couple others when my route is done.

I think its even better than the 87 Blazer it replaced that was wore out. Paid $600 for it. Used it for 3 years.

The Blazer was used to plow, believe it or not. Marion High School for years. 2 BIG lots. 5 to 6 hours of plowing for that one lot, Then 2 other small business's and a residential route.

jeepwithplow.jpg

15. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

here ya go....

100_0507.jpg

100_0514.jpg

100_0525.jpg

16. dpcsix

dpcsix Junior Member
    from mass

old fords never die they just rust a bit

bought the truck for 500 drove it a year for a shop truck.tanks rusted out, replaced tanks and pumps.picked at it in spare time, did the floors and rockers.set it up for towing.replaced left door repaired fender.
    bought all front axle parts over time, rebuilt front axle complete last week.
    bought the old fisher plow last year for 100 bucks.electric hydraulic pak series A, probably early mid 80's unit.
    installed plow yesterday before storm,added new power cables and a soloniod plows like a champ! LOL.
    my kids nicknamed the truck Greyskull, i almost hate to touch the right side it takes years of carefull parking in the weather to get that patina "just right"

1990 f-150 4x4 straight six 300 EFI ussmileyflag

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

17. Dave Meyers

Dave Meyers Member

Here is my '73 IHC Scout II in 14 inches of snow yesterday.

plowing.jpg

18. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

Well it looks like the old dog will be sitting for a bit. Warm weather on the way.:cry: I was hoping for snow every day, but no such luck. Heres the last snowfall. More of a wind event.20 cm and huge winds. Gusts hit 186 km/h here. Most of the snow blew off the island.

ibc 122.jpg

19. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Now that there is funny.
    Nice Rig.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  20. onebadplowtruck

onebadplowtruck Junior Member

I love this post!!! old plow trucks are my favorite!! bought new ones when my business started taking of but im dieing to find a restoreable 3/4ton power wagon sno-commander some day. nice trucks guys