1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

old plow on a newer jeep

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by minilee, Jan 23, 2013.

1. minilee

minilee Junior Member
    from usa

sorry I don't know if this is the right thread but I have a question on the plow I just got it is a meyer 6.6 classic off a 85 cj7 I was wondering what it would take to put it on my 01 wrangler sport

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I'm not a 100% sure what all comes with the classic mount but it should be doable.
    I just put an older Meyer plow on a 98, the bottom mount was almost a direct bolt on other than I had to drill a couple of holes in the side plates, then drilled through the frame.
    The wiring wasn't exactly a direct fit but I did manage to make it work. I had to splice into the directionals and the parking lights, headlights I had to do a little custom stuff. If your good with electrical you shouldn't have any problems. Feel free to give me a shout if you need any more info.
    happy wrenchin' :mechanic:
    dave