1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old plow on a "new" truck...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tooch420, Dec 17, 2011.

1. tooch420

tooch420 Senior Member
    from LI,NY

I have a 06' GMC 2500 and I wanted to know if an 8 yr old Western plow will fit my truck. I know I need a vehicle specific bracket for my truck, but will this old plow (which is in very good condition) fit with the new bracket?

thanks

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A Unimount model plow will fit a Unimount mount. An Ultramount model plow will fit a Ultramount mount. A Unimount plow will fit an Ultramount mount with the conversion bracket.

3. tooch420

tooch420 Senior Member
    from LI,NY

cool, so it doesnt matter how old the plow is, there will be a bracket to make it fit...?

and how do i know what kind of plow it is?

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Some pics would be helpful.

5. tooch420

tooch420 Senior Member
    from LI,NY

I'm looking at a few used ones today, dont have one yet. But I wanted to know b4 I purchase 1.

6. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

I have a unimount from a 2000 f250 and had to get an ultramount for my truck with the unimount conversion. Western does it but im not sure who else can

7. tooch420

tooch420 Senior Member
    from LI,NY

Think I decided on a 7'6" Boss Standard Duty. What do you think?

8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

ive heard good things but ive only dealt with meyer and western plows. my western has been reliable.

9. tooch420

tooch420 Senior Member
    from LI,NY

Well thanks for the feedback everyone. I hope this deal goes through. I found the Boss plow and the bracket for my truck , used in great condition and for under $2000.

10. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

That plow is great hope you get it.