1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old plow new truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by drum_54, Oct 21, 2009.

1. drum_54

drum_54 Junior Member
    from Latham

How hard is it gonna be for me to put a plow that was on a 79 ford on a 06 dodge, it's a fisher hydrolic, it's not as old as the truck was and is in really good shape. i can't afford a new one. I was just wondering if it was worth trying or even possible. Thanx
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guesing it's a Quick Swich, if it is I don't think you can buy push plates for it to fit an 06 Dodge.
  3. drum_54

drum_54 Junior Member
    from Latham

So you don't think it can be done
  4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Anything can be done. You will have to convert your conventional plow to a MM1 or 2 set up and get MM1 or 2 headgear. The plow and the A-frame you currently have should fit the MM1 or 2 headgear. I got my headgear for my conversion on ebay. Follow my conversion to where I did a Diamond to a MM1 set up. A lot of fabrication on my part because I started with a Diamond, your results may vary.