1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Old plow , New truck ..

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mrspiffy, Aug 29, 2009.

1. mrspiffy

mrspiffy Junior Member

Have the chance to buy a use MM .. about a 94 I think. It came off a 88GMC and I drive a 2009 Sierra .. I know new push plates are required but I have heard it will be a big headache to put this old plow on my new truck. What am I getting myself into and what is required ?

Thanks , Nick

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Well it shouldnt be too much of a pain. I believe your plow is a 2 plug system? If its that or a Hydro under the hood you might have some trouble finding the needed parts.

3. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I would assume its an electric MM with the old relay setup?? if not good luck with mounting a pump under the hood..

You will need a module and harness that go with .. also a peculiar lighting harness for the vehicle itself.. all available on the fisher web site as to what you need...

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If it's engine driven hydraulic, pass.

If it's an electric plow, no problem. As mentioned, you will need truck side for the 09. Push plates, wiring harness. If the plow is two plug, it's no problem to switch to three plug.

Is your new truck 1/2 ton or 3/4?

5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Better spoken than I. :salute: